Are you a Kenyan Youth passionate about the food system? Join the Youth in Agribusiness Innovators’ Challenge for an opportunity to maximize the potential of your idea/innovation and/or enterprise in transforming the Food System.
As part of the European Union Funded Healthy Diets 4 Africa Project, Food Security for Peace and Nutrition Africa (FSPN-Africa) is engaging youth innovators in leading Food System transformation in Kenya through the Youth in Agribusiness Innovators’ Challenge. The main goal of the challenge is to empower, strengthen and shape innovations by youth in agriculture, food and nutrition in an effort to position for scaling.
This initiative will provide a platform for young people to improve their capacities through mentorship and linkages to partners, experts and key resources to support the adoption of best approaches to improve innovations for food and nutrition security that are sustainable and scalable.
- Submit your idea\innovations\ enterprise by filling in this form
- Upload 1-2 minute video showing how your innovations\solution works
- Sustainable Innovations for crop production ( solutions that improve productivity while managing natural resources such as water, and soil)
- Urban and Peri-Urban Agriculture (solutions that provide healthy food by utilizing small spaces)
- Value Addition( solutions/process/ techniques/enterprises that transform raw agricultural products to new products)
- Storage and Post Handling Innovations ( innovations that work to reduce food waste and losses
- Vegetables ( Mushrooms, African Leafy Vegetables, Pumpkin and \or Pumpkin Leaves)
- Cereals (Finger Millet, Pearl Millet and/or Sorghum)
- Tubers ( Cassava and/or Sweet potatoes)
- Legumes (Pigeon Peas, green grams and/or Beans)
- Fruits ( Tree tomato, Guava, Baobab: any additional fruits are acceptable)