POSITION: ASSISTANT FINANCE ACCOUNTANT
Reports to: FINANCIAL OFFICER
Work Station: HEAD OFFICE
The Assistant Financial Accountant is responsible for a variety of day-to-day financial operations within the treasury department.
a) Collaborate with accounting team to support various accounting projects and activities on a daily basis.
b) Carry out reconciliations of account, general ledger and sub-ledger.
c) Prepare and complete sales reconciliations on a daily basis.
d) Process payments accurately and timely as per company procedures.
e) Maintain general ledger at account level.
f) Provide financial information for business analysis and auditing when needed.
g) Verify financial statements, ledgers and accounts for errors and make appropriate corrections or refer to supervisor if errors are of complex nature.
h) Prepare, reconcile and record the payments.
i) Prepare period end journals for prepayments and commission payments.
j) Prepare and complete all bank reconciliations on a monthly basis k) Perform account reconciliations and ensure all ledgers are closed
l) Prepare cash flow projections in collaboration with the payables team.
m) Petty Cash management
• A bachelor’s degree in Accounting/ Finance or related field.
• CPA certification will be an added advantage
• Strong bookkeeping skills
• Proficiency in use of accounting software’s
• Familiarity with IFRSs Related Job Experience/Qualifications
• Experience in restaurant accounting will be an added advantage
• 1-2 years’ experience in finance and related fields Technical skills
• Proficiency in advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications, especially Excel
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent spoken and written English
• Excellent communication and organizational skills
• Strong financial and analytical skills
• Thorough with attention to detail
• Committed to working efficiently and accurately
• Excellent time management skills with ability to prioritize
• Ability to work independently and as a team on assigned duties. Work environment Fast paced Multi-Unit the Assistant Financial Accountant is responsible for a variety of day-to-day financial operations within the treasury department.